Acupuncture is a safe, natural and effective way to address your child’s health concerns. It stimulates several processes that activate the body’s own innate healing potential. Acupuncture is compatible with other systems of health care and kids love it! Once they know the routine, the children start to climb on the treatment table as soon as they walk into the treatment room.
We use the term “taps” for children instead of needle. This more accurately describes the process of needles being painlessly tapped in and immediately removed. For older kids and teens, the taps may be left in for a few minutes. Usually nothing is felt at all. If there is any discomfort, it is often described as a mosquito bite.
For those not ready for taps, there are several other equally effective non-needle techniques. In addition to taps, other tools include Shonishin – a Japanese modality of brushing and tapping the acupoints, Tuina acupressure massage, herbal tinctures and dietary modifications.
No matter the technique, pediatric acupuncture treatments are brief and gentle, lasting for only a few minutes. Kids don’t need to sit or lay still, they can play with toys during the session.
pediatric Acupuncture can help with:
· Digestion: colic, tummy aches, diarrhea, constipation, food sensitivities
· Respiration: asthma, bronchitis, sinus infections, rhinitis, allergies
· Immunity: colds and flus, ear infections, recurrent infections
· Sleep: sleep problems, nightmares, bedwetting
· Musculoskeletal: sprains, strains, bruises, growing pains
· Mood: ADD/ADHD, anxiety
· Skin: eczema, itching, rashes