Acupuncture is the primary modality of traditional Chinese medicine. It treats a wide range of health conditions and is practiced by inserting very thin, pre-packaged and sterilized disposable needles into specific points on the body. For children, a needle-less approach called Shonishin uses tapping and brushing techniques on acupuncture points. It is safe, effective, and a drug-free option for many non-emergency conditions.
These practices are designed to stimulate your body’s own healing mechanisms—stimulating blood flow, tissue repair, and helping to release natural pain killers.
Some of the most common reasons people seek acupuncture include:
- Acute and chronic pain, like sports injuries, joint and back pain relief, arthritis, and headaches
- Respiratory issues, like asthma, allergies, and colds
- Digestive issues, like heartburn, diarrhea, and nausea
- Reproductive issues, like infertility, menopausal symptoms, and menstrual cramps
- Immune function, like recurring infections and the side effects of some cancer treatments
- Fatigue, depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Pediatric issues like colic, food allergies, bedwetting, hyperactivity, and recurrent infections
Acupuncture services can have positive effects your training, performance and recovery, whether you're training for an Ironman, a marathon, or just to feel more fit. Learn more details on how acupuncture can help with your IT band tightness, Achilles tendonitis, ankle sprains, frozen shoulder, knee and back pain HERE.
Shonishin is a needle-less acupuncture technique for children that stimulates acu-points through tapping and brushing. Pediartic issues like asthma, eczema, colic, food allergies, diarrhea, bedwetting, hyperactivity, ear infections and recurrent infections all respond really well at shonishin.
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbs are whole-plant remedies often used to complement acupuncture services. Madison Acupuncture & Natural Health uses a core set of a few hundred herbs—all adhere to strict Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) standards—to create the balanced formulas that are just right for you and your health.
Cupping, a lesser known component of traditional Chinese medicine, is done by placing a glass or plastic cup on the skin (typically on your back), creating a vacuum.
The benefits of cupping can include:
- Muscle relaxation
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Accelerated repair to damaged tissue
- Reduces inflammation and toxins
We all have limiting beliefs about ourselves that hold us back and affect our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. PHYCH-K® is a simple and interactive process that helps to facilitate change at the subconscious level. The process is especially effective in areas of behavioral or habit change and stress reduction.
Free 30 minute consult | $0
First time consult and treatment | $95
Follow-up session | $70
5 treatment package | $325
PEdiatric First time consult and treatment | $70
pediatric follow-up session | $45
*Please note, these rates are the discount amount when paying at time of service. Please contact us for a detail rate schedule.